The sound of Ahhhh…
A place that we can call home is a universal dream, occupying a powerful place in our individual and collective psyche. PLAN defines home as feeling – the feeling you get at the end of a long day when you open your front door and exhale, “Ahhhhh, I’m home”.
We want the same for our loved ones. A place that provides continuity and security. A place that ensures privacy and reflects the personality of those who live there.
Parents the world over rank a stable and hospitable living environment as a high priority for their sons and daughters. We’ve learned that a house, however, doesn’t become a home by accident. It requires thoughtfulness and care. It requires planning.
Whether you are looking to assess a group home situation or start on the path towards homeownership, PLAN has many resources connected to home:
- Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning: In-person seminars
- Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP):In-person and Tele-seminars
- Personal Network Development: Online workshop
- A Good Life: Publication
- Safe & Secure: Publication
- Home Is Where the Heart Is: Seminars
- A Home of One’s Own: Bulletin
- On My Own: Resource guide
For information email email@example.com
Connect to the Family Forums to share your experience with creating/ finding a home, or to pose a question.
If you have a specific scenario you would like to discuss, book some time with PLAN’s Family Resource Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org