This is so easy to do and it makes such a wonderful gift. The hardest part is waiting the two weeks before you can use it.
- Mason jars with lids or any glass bottle with a lid
- Good quality oil ( canola, sunflower or extra-virgen olive oil)
- Dried herbs and spices
- spoon (for bruising the herbs)
Herb Suggestions: rosemary, thyme, sage, tarragon, marjoram, oregano, cilantro, chervil, mint, parsley, bay leaf, dill.
- Wash and dry the jars making sure they are rinsed very well
- Take the herbs and bruise them lightly to release the flavour
- Place herbs and spices in the jar
- Heat up the oil in a sauce pan until it is just warm
- Poor over the herbs in your jar and let cool
- When the oil has cooled, screw on lid and let stand
- Make a label with the ingredients and date
- Give your gift and let them enjoy it on salads, with bread, pasta or anything they want to infuse with delicious flavour!
*Note: The longer the oil sits, the stronger it will become. Two weeks is the suggested time to wait before using.