As one of the many who are part of the Disability Without Poverty movement, we are focused on ensuring that the government follows through on its commitment for a Canada Disability Benefit.
On June 22nd, 2021, the Government of Canada tabled legislation to create a Canada Disability Benefit. In order to increase momentum, Disability Without Poverty has initiated a petition calling on the Government of Canada to keep the Canada Disability Benefit as a national priority.
The parliamentary petition is calling for:
- Fast-tracking the design and implementation of the Canada Disability Benefit
- Active and genuine involvement of disabled people every step of the way, from start to finish
Let’s get as many signatures as possible! Here are some ways you can help:
- Share the petition on social media
- Send this email along to all those you’re connected to (networks, individuals, local groups, etc.) and encourage them to sign
- Include this petition in an upcoming newsletter or blog post
- Don’t forget to sign the petition, yourself!
The petition deadline is January 11, 2022.
Together, we can make a bold statement for a future filled with dignity, independence, and opportunity for people with disabilities.