Shared by PLAN on behalf of the B.C. Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation (MSDSI):
On December 3, MSDSI will launch a consultation on issues faced by British Columbians living with a disability. The B.C. government will be consulting with citizens of B.C. to better understand how government, businesses and communities can increase accessibility and decrease barriers for people living with disabilities. The feedback received during the Consultation will inform the development of a White Paper that will form the foundation for a Summit on the issues facing people with disabilities in British Columbia.
The White Paper Consultation website may be accessed atwww.engage.gov.bc.ca/
- An overview of the White Paper process;
- Details regarding the various ways that you can participate in the Consultation, including online, in-person, mail, email, telephone and Twitter;
- A link to the Conversation Toolkit, which includes everything you need to host a discussion with your colleagues, clients, family or friends;
- An introduction to the six different topics around which you can submit comments and ideas: innovation, personal supports, work and contribution, housing and accessibility, social networks, and asset accumulation; and
- The dates and locations for the in-person community consultations, and a form to register for the consultation in your area.
The Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation looks forward to your participation in the Consultation.