Lifetime Membership is an agreement between your families.
This partnership safeguards the well being of your family member with a disability for their entire lifetime.
Through this multi-generational family-to-family partnership, PLAN becomes a lifetime partner in ensuring that loved ones are cared for and supported in their communities for as long as they live, especially after their parents are gone.
In becoming Lifetime Members of PLAN, parents and caregivers also benefit from becoming connected to our broader community of PLAN families. Being connected to others with shared life experiences creates an an important opportunity to learn together, be inspired by others, and share solutions with each other.
Unlike other organizations where members simply pay a fee and enjoy benefits and services, Lifetime Membership with PLAN is more like ‘ownership’ in a co-operative model. It requires that families accepting responsibility for PLAN’s ongoing operations, decision-making, governance and financial sustainability, all of which are important to securing the future of our loved ones with a disability.
Lifetime Membership in PLAN involves both rights and responsibilities; benefits as well as obligations. In order to keep ‘the promise’ it is essential that all PLAN Lifetime Members enter into an agreement with other member families to safeguard the future of PLAN.
That’s why we refer to it as a partnership between families.
Initial Lifetime Member Benefits:
- Consultation to identify expectations and goals
- Future planning consultation and goal setting
- Advocacy consultation and goal setting
- A succession planning workshop – 2 seats
- A workshop to help with Wills, Trusts and estate planning – 2 seats
- Emergency Response Preparation
- A succession planning workbook
Ongoing Lifetime Member Benefits:
- Personal Support Network to last a lifetime
- Ongoing support for future planning – including an annual check in
- Support for monitoring and advocacy
- Family-to-family support
- Bursaries for courses and workshops from Plan Institute
- Invitations to Member-only events
- Contributing to social innovation and public policy discussions
For more information about Lifetime Membership (including costs), please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-439-9566.
We also offer a separate program that is not membership-based. Click here to learn about our Planning Network.