For 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 litre of Chicken or beef bouillon
- 1/2 medium size onion thinly sliced
- 1 can of Italian Beans (Cannellini, Romano or White Kidney)
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped parsley and some freshly Grated Parmigiano
- 2 tbsp of Virgin olive oil
- 3 handfulls (100 grams) of smaller pasta for soups (shells or a small tube pasta are ideal)
- In a large pot fry the onions in oil until translucent and start to change colour.
- Drain the beans well from their liquid and rinse them in a sieve under tap water, then and add them to the onions.
- Stir for one minute, then add the broth and boil for 5 minutes.
- With a hand blender briefly pulse the soup to break up the beans (roughly 10 seconds).
- Now add the pasta, and cook for the recommended time.
When cooked, add the teaspoon of chopped parsley and serve, adding plenty of Parmigiano on top.
Note: This simple but tasty country folks soup should be fairly thick, not liquid like a consommé.