Becoming well-informed about wills, trusts and estate planning is necessary to secure the financial future of your loved one with a disability. In this workshop, you will learn how to arrange your estate, prepare a will, and the various ins and outs of setting up a trust specifically for your relative or loved one with a disability. Because laws vary from province to province, this workshop may only be relevant to those within British Columbia. See more info below.
*Please note that all times are listed in Pacific Time.
Upcoming Dates: (Click to register)
What you’ll learn:
- Why and how to write and update a will when there is a family member with a disability
- Ways in which to ensure your loved one with a disability is protected when family passes away
- The types of trusts available for people with disabilities, including the differences between discretionary and Non-discretionary, Testamentary and Inter-vivos
- The various tax rates differences between Trusts, including recent federal changes, and their implications
- The roles and responsibilities of Executors and Trustees
- Tips for finding the right lawyer for you and your family
Please visit the Plan Institute website for more information and to register:
Wills, Trusts, and Estate Planning (BC) Online Workshop